The Orleans Arena hosts the 11th annual finals for the World Hip Hop Dance Championship, organized by Hip Hop International, the creators of "America's Best Dance Crew."
At the same time the world's best athletes are competing at the Olympics in London, the world's best street dancers from 40 nations will bring their best moves to Las Vegas to vie for the most coveted title in street dance, World Hip Hop Dance Champion. More than 2,000 of the world's top street dancers will come together for the Finals. World Champions from Japan and New Zealand will return for a chance to defend their titles, gold medals and $25,000 in cash and prizes.
Highlights of this year's event include:
- Renowned dance crew and Las Vegas headlining act "Jabbawockeez" performing and receiving the "Living Legend of Hip Hop" Award;
- A special appearance by "America's Best Dance Crew" judge D-Trix;
- Defending USA Champions and winners of season seven of "America's Best Dance Crew," Elektrolytes, will perform.
- International dance sensations Les Twins will perform.
- Las Vegas radio and television personality Chet Buchanan
will serve as emcee of the event. Where:
The Orleans Arena
4500 West Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas
Sunday, August 5, 2012, 7:30 p.m.